Interview With Fiona Mcvie


Where are you from
Originally from the east coast, Mike and his family now reside on a farm in the Midwest. Mike was able to use his programming skills to start his own small business from home, where every day is casual Friday. Mike has always searched for ways to express creativity and imagination. Through music, art and now the printed word. Mike’s childhood love of science fiction has never been stronger. There are plenty of crime dramas in the office library, but science fiction still dominates.
Fiona: Tell us your latest news?
My debut book ‘The Next’ will be available this month, maybe. Definitely the first of the year, hopefully.

Fiona: When and why did you begin writing?

I have been writing for a long time. This will be the first time I’ve written a book to publish.

Fiona: When did you first consider yourself a writer?

My debut book isn’t ready yet. I think when I hold the book in my hands I will consider myself a writer.

Fiona: What inspired you to write your first book?

I believe I was out in the rain one day trying to shoot something. I wondered what that might look like to a passing car. I thought it must look kind of dark, then a story started to brew. What if I was lying in wait for something??? Then I had to think about what happens when someone meets the business end of that gun.

Fiona: Do you have a specific writing style?

I think it’s something that evolved from the various authors that I read. Pinning it down to a specific style must be done from an outside observer.

Fiona: How did you come up with the title?

The name of the afterlife realm in the book is ‘The Next’. That’s where the title came from.

Fiona: Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

Keep an open mind concerning what you’ve been told about the afterlife.

Fiona: How much of the book is realistic and are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

That’s tough. I think it depends on who you ask. I think it could all be considered realistic. The drama/thriller part is a revenge crime scenario that I came up with, but could happen. The Sci Fi afterlife portion? Nobody that’s been there has come back to tell the rest of us.
Fiona: Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest and who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Can’t say that I have one favorite. I read so much that I have many favorites. Jim Butcher, Michael Connelly, Dean Koontz, Lisa Gardner just to name a few. There are a few that I really like everything they write, Michael Connelly and Lisa Gardner for instance. Dean Koontz and Jim Butcher are sometimes hit and miss. I love the Dresden Files, but I can’t really get into the steam punk stuff.

Fiona: Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.

Fellow independent authors have been and continue to be very supportive. What a wonderful group of people that talk to themselves.

Fiona: Do you see writing as a career?

I think it’s normal to look at everything you enjoy doing as a potential career. If the success was there, sure why not.

Fiona: If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

Yes, I would have done more networking with other independent authors. From there I would have been able to make a more educated decision on publishing/editing…
Fiona: Can you share a little of your current work with us?
When Malcolm saw the flair of the headlights, he felt a surge that tingled all the way down to his toes.
He shivered and watched the long, black Audi roll to a stop in its normal spot, fifteen feet from where he was perched behind that god-forsaken rock. He knew the Audi had pulled in nose first, which was perfect because he’d have an excellent shot at the driver when he got out. The adrenaline was kicking in, and he had to make some quick decisions if he wanted to pull this off.
Should he just unload the clip into the car and hope that the 22 would find its mark behind the blackness of the tinted glass?
“No, have patience,” Malcolm muttered to himself

Fiona: Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Finding the time to do it. Like most independent authors I still have a day job.

Fiona: What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Two things. Knowing when to end the story. Trying to keep the story out of the weeds. The ending came as a eureka moment one day. I was playing out a scene and thought that’s it. That’s the perfect place to end it.

Fiona: Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I learned a lot. And I continue to learn. Independent authors are great resources. Publishers are not.

Fiona: Do you have any advice for other writers?

Keep writing. Don’t get suckered into one of those self-publishing packages. Ask other authors who they used for editing, cover design…

Fiona: Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thank you. And stay tuned for more from the afterlife.
Fiona: What book are you reading now?
‘The Kept Woman’ by Karen Slaughter. She could be in that list of favorites.
Fiona: Do you remember the first book you read?
The Count of Monte Cristo.
Fiona: Do you have a blog/website? If so what is it?
Website:  https://mikemiraclebooks.com/
Blog: https://mikemiraclebooks.com/blog/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mikemiracleauthor/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/_mikemiracle
Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/58117512-mike-miracle
Amazon Author Page:  Won’t let me create it until the book is finished.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikemiracleauthor/
Trailer for the book: https://youtu.be/AvYfuGuHIyA
Link to article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Book This Weekend

The Next Series